Includes nice carving set and cocktail set from Sweden
To participate in an auction, buyer agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- A 10% buyer's premium will apply.
- All items are sold "as-is" and without warranty or guarantee, without exception.
- All sales are final.
- Please take advantage of the preview dates to personally inspect the items for sale. Elkader Auction House assumes no liability for the accuracy of the description of the items being offered. It's the buyer's responsibility to conduct due diligence prior to bidding, as there are no refunds, returns or exchanges. Contact us for details on any specific items before placing bids. This service is provided for guidance only, without legal obligation.
- SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE. All orders are shipped insured and carefully packaged to arrive safely. Actual cost of shipping will be added to your invoice, along with the cost of packing materials and a reasonable handling fee. Large, unusual, or fragile items can be very expensive to ship.
- Credit cards on file will be charged immediately after the close of an auction unless prior arrangements have been made, or if invoice total is over $1,000.
- Removal is buyer's responsibility. Buyer must bring enough help, boxes, packing materials, carts, etc. to remove purchased items.
- Buyers will hold the seller and/or Elkader Auction House harmless during the removal of their assets.
- Purchased items not picked up during posted hours, or arrangements not made within three business days, will be deemed abandoned and may be resold.
- 7% sales tax will be added to all purchases unless shipped outside of Iowa. A completed and current Iowa sales tax exemption certificate must be on file for all Iowa resellers to be tax exempt.
- If you have any questions, please contact us!
Elkader, Iowa 52043
Items must be picked up Friday, May 19, 11-4 CST or Saturday, May 20 from 11-2 at our downtown Elkader, Iowa, warehouse at 110 Mulberry Street Rear, in the alley straight across from the Elkader Post Office on the left. Our auctions move quickly and we don't have room in our warehouse to store sold items.
Worldwide shipping is available for many items. If you require shipping, please let us know. If you are a regular bidder or you have an out-of-state address, we will assume you'd like your items shipped and we'll contact you within a few days of auction end with an updated shipping invoice. Please call or contact us if you have any questions. Sales tax will be charged unless you have a reseller certificate on file or your item/s are to be shipped out of state.
One of the fun things about doing auctions is you never know what's going to come in. This particular auction was shaping up to be strictly Mid-Century-Modern, or MCM, or the atomic age of the 1950s / early 1960s. But with two estate additions added at the last minute, one from Luxemburg, one from Dubuque, instead of waiting for the "next-next" auction, I thought I'd go ahead and add much of it, at least the larger-in-size items, to this one, though some of it was antiques and some from the 1970s. Altogether in the warehouse the varied styles melted together (the '50s also had a regency style which pulls in old style influences of some of the later pieces) so you'll find both here and them some, mostly MCM but with an eclectic taste. I hope you enjoy!
Vintage & antique furniture including an amazing MCM lucite-and-glass dining set. Many vintage store displays and decorative shelving. Vintage mid-century pottery & glassware. Sewing machines, tables, boxes, baskets & supplies. New in-box sets. Large brass collection, barware, Pyrex, McCoy, Red Wing and a large MCM lighting collection. Unique antique wooden furniture and a collection of vintage seating.
Large items, furniture, lamps, large dish sets and breakables are pick up only. If you have any questions regarding pick up or shipping, please contact us prior to auction end.
Bidding will be here on ElkaderAuctionHouse.com and takes place online only. You must register and have a credit card on file to bid. All credit cards will be charged immediately after auction close, unless the total is over $1,000. A buyer's premium of 10% applies to all purchases.